The Australian-American Fulbright Commission supports an annual Postdoctoral Scholarship to enable postdoctoral candidates to undertake research of importance to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. This scholarship will support a 3 – 10 month position.
This scholarship is open to researchers who have completed their PhD in the past two to three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances).
This scholarship welcome applications from any field/discipline.
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 10 months
- An establishment allowance
- An international travel entitlement
- Scholars accompanied by eligible dependents may receive one, one-time dependent allowance (conditions apply).
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For exact entitlement amounts please visit the CIES page.
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from their proposed institution with their application.
Contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes.
More detailed information about the application process and a link to the online application form can be found on the CIES website.