Australian Fulbright Scholarship applicants are selected through a state and national selection process.
Applicants are selected on the following criteria:
High academic and professional merit
Applicants must have a record of achievement in their chosen field, such as academic record, professional recognition, publications, exhibitions, performances or presentations.
Applicant proposals need to be feasible and relevant to the interests of the applicant, along with Australia and the United States of America. Proposals should identify:
- An educational component of study and / or research;
- Define and outline goals of the program and the role of the United States and its institutions in achieving these goals;
- Define the relevance and value of the program to further the mutual understanding and relationships between the United States and Australia.
- Define the potential benefits to the applicant's institution, profession, employer and/or industry;
- Outline how results and/or outcomes will be disseminated;
- Outline the long term links that may be established at a personal, industry and professional level.
Applicants must demonstrate their ability to promote mutual understanding between Australia and the United States.
Applicants must demonstrate their ability to adjust successfully to life in the United States.