2017 Fulbright Postdoctoral Opportunities
This scholarship allows researchers who have completed their PhD in the past three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances) to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S. across all disciplines.
2 general category Postdoctoral scholarships are granted each year, in addition to various sponsored scholarships, some of which go across multiple categories - please see below for more details.
Benefits of a Postdoctoral Scholarship:
- Living, travel & establishment allowances for a program of 3-10 months duration at a US host institution
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the Scholar only)
- National Orientation Program, Showcase Evening & Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- Postdoctoral Fulbright Scholarships are valued up to AUD$45,000
Conditions of a Postdoctoral Scholarship:
- Recipients must have successfully completed their PhD within the last 2-3 years (5 under extenuating circumstances, such as hiatus due to medical reasons, or family duties)
- Funding is stipend based and is for a maximum of 10 months. It will be reduced for shorter programs.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependents during their stay in the U.S.
All applications are considered in the General category. However, Postdoctoral applicants may also be eligible for additional Fulbright scholarship opportunities according to the categories below:
- All Applicants fill out the general application form
- To be considered for additional opportunities applicants will need to fill out an extra page of information, per the specific instructions for that scholarship opportunity.
Please click on the below options for further information on additional Postdoctoral scholarship opportunities:
|Postdoctoral Indigenous Scholarship||Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship in Cultural Competence||Postdoctoral State Scholarships|
|Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship Sponsored by RMIT (Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow)|
All postdoctoral applicants MUST complete the postdoctoral online application form. Please ensure you fill out the correct application form or your application may be ineligible
|Postdoctoral Scholars Apply Now|