Sponsored by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training
On 15 August 2009, the Australian Government announced the establishment of a prestigious annual scholarship program to recognise the many contributions by Mrs Anne Wexler for her role in fostering Australian-American relations. This scholarship was has been administered by the Australian-American Fulbright Commission for several years and has recently been co-branded as the Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy.
The scholarship enables an Australian postgraduate student with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a two year Master's degree in the U.S. in an area that supports Mrs Wexler’s binational interests in the field of public policy. These may include key areas such as health, sustainability, energy, climate change, regional security, education, political science, history or governmental relations.
The Scholarship package is a generous one and will be awarded for a maximum two year period and be valued at up to AUD 140,000. Benefits include:
- Living, travel & establishment allowances
- Tuition fees (up to a set limit)
- National Orientation Program and a Fulbright Presentation Dinner
- Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- ASPE medical insurance of up to AUD 100,000 (for the Scholar only)
All applicants MUST complete the general postgraduate online application form, as well as an additional designated Fulbright-Anne Wexler page, per the instructions outlined in the “Apply Now” PDF. Please ensure you fill out the correct form or your application may be ineligible.
Note: applicants applying for the Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy may be eligible to be considered for further additional scholarship opportunities. Please return to the Postgraduate page for more options and to APPLY for the above.