2017 Fulbright Professional Opportunities
The Fulbright Professional scholarship allows mid-career professionals in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to undertake training or research programs in the U.S. This scholarship is also open to mid-career academics whose primary research has professional or industry links, and goes across all disciplines.
2 general category Professional scholarships are granted each year, plus various sponsored scholarships, some of which go across multiple categories - please see below for more details.
Benefits of a Professional Scholarship:
- Living and travel allowance for a program of 3-4 months duration
- Dependent Allowance where applicable
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the Scholar only)
- National Orientation Program, Showcase Evening & Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
- Access to a network of distinguished U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- The value of Professional Fulbright Scholarships vary, see full description for details
Conditions of a Professional Scholarship:
- Funding is stipend based and is for a maximum of 3-4 months. Time periods vary, see conditions.
- It will be reduced for shorter programs.
- Funding does not cover Tuition fees
- Recipients need one primary host institution. They can visit other institutions but must spend the majority of their program at their primary institution
- Applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependents during their stay in the U.S.
All applications are considered in the General category. However, Professional applicants may also be eligible for additional Fulbright scholarship opportunities in a variety of categories listed in boxes below:
- All applicants need only fill out one application form
- To be considered for sponsored professional scholarships, the applications must be focused on the interests of the sponsoring body
Please click on the below options for further information on additional Professional scholarship opportunities:
All professional applicants MUST complete the professional online application form. Please ensure you fill out the correct application form or your application may be ineligible.
|Professionals Apply Now|