Applications for the 2014 Fulbright Australian Scholarships open on 20 May and close 12 August 2013.
In 2014 the Fulbright Scholarships in Climate Change and Clean Energy will be offered to Professionals who are for Australian citizens who wish to undertake 3-4 months professional research or short professional development course in the U.S. Applications are invited from professionals with a background in the humanities or social sciences and whose research is focused on the social and economic responses to the impact of climate change and/or the development and adoption of clean energy technologies. Eligible fields may include but not be limited to economics, law, engineering, social sciences and public policy. Two scholarships will be offered in 2014.
The Scholarships which were announced by the Prime Minister of Australia the Hon Julia Gillard and U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton in November 2010, were established to increase collaboration on clean energy research and to address the social challenges of responding and adapting to the impact of climate change.
The Scholarship is valued at around AUD 35,000 and includes:
- Living, travel & establishment allowances
• National Orientation Program and a Fulbright Presentation Dinner
• Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
• Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
• A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
• Media and publicity support
• ASPE Insurance of up to AUD$100,000 (for the Scholar only)
The inaugural winner of the 2012 Fulbright Scholarship in Climate Change and Clean Energy is Mr Reuben Finighan.
For general information and applications, please refer to the Application Information
Last updated: 15 April 2013