SPONSORED BY KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY (5 to 6 months)
The Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Agriculture and Life Science is the inaugural Fulbright Distinguished Chair Scholarship for an exceptional Australian Scholar to carry out research at Kansas State University in the United States of America.
The Distinguished Chair Program is viewed as among the most prestigious appointments in the Fulbright Scholar Program with approximately 40 Fulbright Distinguished Chairs across 15 countries.
Selected Scholars will work with K-State faculty in priority research areas that lead to ongoing collaborative partnerships between Australia and K-State to develop skills and capabilities in Agricultural and Life Sciences that result in a stronger bilateral relationship between Australia and the United States.
The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to guest lectures and seminars at advanced undergraduate and postgraduate levels. A national speaking tour to visit four centers in the U.S. will be coordinated by Kansas State University and the Fulbright Commission. The Chair is also expected to undertake targeted media interviews coordinated with the Fulbright Commission.
FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE VALUED UP TO USD 60,000 INCLUDES
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- Generous travel entitlement Travel allowance for a U.S. lecture tour to four centers of excellence
- Beyond the funds related to the Fulbright Scholarship, the program also provides: Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of USD 100,000 (Scholar only)
- Attendance for Chair at Fulbright events including an Orientation Program and Presentation Dinner for Australian Fulbright Scholars, held annually in March.
- Transportation to and accommodation at an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
- Access to Fulbright Alumni Association in the U.S. to assist in preparation for the visit and in Australia for social and professional networks.
Applications for the 2014 Fulbright Australian Scholarships are now closed and will open in May 2014.
K-State’s strengths in agriculture and life sciences are well aligned with those at numerous Australian universities and research institutions. Fulbright Senior Scholar.
For more information please download the brochure or visit the K-State website. You can also contact department heads on campus for more information about their specific areas.