SPONSORED BY KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY (3 to 6 months)
The 2014 Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by Kansas State University is for academics (generally at Associate Professor or Professorial level), government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University in the U.S. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at K-State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE.
Kansas State University is a Land Grant University in the U.S. with eight colleges or faculties on the Main Campus in Manhattan, Kansas. It has expertise in Agriculture, Architecture, Planning & Design, Arts & Sciences, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Human Ecology and Veterinary Medicine, along with interdisciplinary schools for Graduate Studies and Continuing Education. Although K-State’s traditional strengths are in the sciences and engineering, departments ranging in focus from art to veterinary medicine have important research and scholarly activity components and faculty who are excited at the prospect of hosting an Australian Fulbright Senior Scholar.
The 2014 Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by Kansas State University is open to Australian citizens who are: Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution Practicing professionals who have established reputations in their fields Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the K-State faculty host and his/her department head/chair
FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE VALUED UP TO USD 50,000 INCLUDES
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- Generous travel entitlement Beyond the funds related to the Fulbright Scholarship, the program also provides: Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of USD 100,000 (Scholar only)
- Attendance at Orientation Program and Presentation Dinner for Australian Fulbright Scholars, held annually in March.
- Transportation to and accommodation at an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
- Access to Fulbright Alumni Association in the U.S. to assist in preparation for the visit and in Australia for social and professional networks.
K-State’s strengths in agriculture and life sciences are well aligned with those at numerous Australian universities and research institutions. K-State also sponsors Kansas State University Distinguished Chair.
Applications for the 2014 Fulbright Australian Scholarships are open and will close 12 August 2013.