Fulbright Senior Scholarship (K-State)
Sponsored by Kansas State University
The Fulbright Senior Scholarship sponsored by Kansas State University is for senior academics, government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University (K-State) in the United States. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at K-State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any academic discipline. K-State’s strengths in agriculture and life sciences are well aligned with those at numerous Australian universities and research institutions. For more information please visit the Kansas State University Website.
Please note: K-State also sponsors the Kansas State University Distinguished Chair in Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Who should apply?
The follow applicants are encouraged to apply for the Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by K-State:
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution academics (generally at Associate Professor or Professorial level)
- Practicing professionals who have established reputations in their fields
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession
All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the K-State faculty host and his/her department head/chair.
What are the benefits?
Benefits are per the Senior General award, in addition to the following:
- Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
What are the conditions?
- Funding is stipend based and is for a maximum duration of six months.
- Kansas State University is the primary host institution
For further information on this scholarship from the perspective of K-State, please contact Professor John Leslie, Head of Kansas State Plant Pathology Department.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please see the applicable checklist and PDF instructions for details – note, you will automatically be considered in the general Senior pool as well.