Fulbright Professional Opportunities
2018 Fulbright Professional Opportunities
The Fulbright Professional scholarships allow mid-career Australian professionals in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to undertake training or research programs in the United States. This scholarship is also open to mid-career academics whose primary research has professional or industry links, and goes across all disciplines. Applicants should have an undergraduate qualification plus a minimum of ten years work experience to qualify in this category.
Two general Professional scholarships are granted each year across all disciplines, plus various sponsored scholarships – please see below table for more opportunities.
What are the benefits?
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Travel Allowance
- Dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- National orientation program, showcase & gala presentation dinner
- Enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
What are the conditions?
- Funding is stipend based and is for a minimum duration of three months, and a maximum duration of four months for the general category award (please see individual scholarship pages for duration of sponsored scholarships.)
- Stipend is paid monthly and is pro-rata, i.e. it will be reduced for shorter programs
- Awardees must demonstrate affiliation with a recognised host institution in order to take up the scholarship
- Awardees must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support any accompanying dependents during their stay in the U.S.
- Please see General Award Terms and Conditions for more information
All applications are considered in the Professional general pool, however applicants may also be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities, some of which are awarded across multiple categories – please click on each of the below links for more information: