Fulbright Senior Scholar Opportunities
2018 Fulbright Senior Scholar Opportunities
The Fulbright Senior scholarship goes across all disciplines and is for senior level academics (at Associate Professor or full Professor level) to undertake research at a U.S. institution. This may include:
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic institution who teach and undertake research.
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession.
Up to three general senior scholarships are granted each year across all disciplines, plus various sponsored scholarships – please see below table for more opportunities.
What are the benefits?
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Travel Allowance
- Dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- National orientation program, showcase & gala presentation dinner
- Enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
What are the conditions?
- Funding is stipend based and is for a minimum duration of three months, and a maximum duration of four months.
- Stipend is paid monthly and is pro-rata, i.e. it will be reduced for shorter programs
- Awardees must demonstrate affiliation with a recognised host institution in order to take up the scholarship
- Awardees must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support any accompanying dependents during their stay in the U.S.
- Please see General Award Terms and Conditions for more information
All applications are considered in the senior general pool, however applicants may also be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities, some of which are awarded across multiple categories – please click on each of the below links for more information: