Fulbright U.S. Senior Scholarship (Sponsored by UTS)
Forward thinking and dynamic, the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a world-class research-intensive institution with a rapidly growing reputation for its research quality and impact across a wide range of fields. In 2016, UTS was rated Australia’s number one young university in both the Times Higher Education ‘Top 150 under 50’ and QS ‘Top 50 Under 50’ rankings schemes.
The development of research areas is important to the bi-lateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this award will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and to key research areas at UTS.
Other activities may include consulting on curriculum, participating in graduate/faculty seminars, and giving guest lectures. All applicants should demonstrate plans for some interaction with UTS faculty and students. Scholars should not teach intensive seminars or coursework but should demonstrate plans for some interaction with UTS.
UTS invites applications for research programs in the following fields:
- Social Robotics
- Computational intelligence and brain computing interface
- Forensic intelligence and interpretation of forensic evidence
- Climate change adaption- food security, governance, social systems and social change
- Global cities- including urban sustainability, policy, governance and stakeholder engagement
- Water and wastewater management and treatment
- Advanced algal biotechnology
- Health economics and health services research
A monthly stipend for a maximum of 4 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support through the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
- Dependents of scholars who will be enrolled in the Australian public school system in grades K-12 may have tuition fees waived.
- Scholars accompanied by eligible dependents may receive one, one-time dependent allowance (conditions apply).
For entitlement amounts please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that applicants are required to include a Letter of Invitation from UTS with their application.
Please contact Louise Wheeler (+61 2 9514 1793), firstname.lastname@example.org from UTS to discuss your project, and obtain the required letter.
For any queries related to entitlements or application processes please contact:
Tara Hawley, U.S Scholarships and Events Officer via email: email@example.com